SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD (hereafter referred to as the “Company”) is delighted to receive requests to share videos and images from our games online. While the Company would like to accommodate such requests, the images, videos, characters, music and all other media are intellectual property of the Company or its licensors; therefore, the Company has set out guidelines regarding the use of videos and other assets created using its intellectual property in order to protect the lore and atmosphere of the Company’s games in future. When using videos, live streams, and images (hereafter referred to as “videos etc.”) of “CHRONO CROSS: THE RADICAL DREAMERS EDITION” (hereafter referred to as the “Software”), please adhere to these guidelines.
What Can Be Used
The items that can be used in accordance with these guidelines (hereafter referred to as “the Subjects”) are as follows:
Notwithstanding the foregoing, the following cannot be used:
- Sections within the Software where screen capture and recording are prohibited.
- The ending. The ending refers to the period from after the final battle until the end of the story, indicated by text such as “The End”, “To be Continued” or “Fin” is displayed, or the game automatically returns to the title screen.
(1) Those who receive payment or other rewards from a corporate body through streaming gameplay may:
- Use on personal social network services.
- Stream on video streaming sites (e.g. “YouTube”), that have been licensed by the Japanese Society for Rights of Authors, Composers and Publishers (JASRAC) regarding the use of music.
(2) Those who do not fall under (1): You are permitted to post the Subjects on personal web pages and blogs, video sharing sites, and social networking services; however, streaming videos and live streams are limited to video sharing sites that have been licensed by the Japanese Society for Rights of Authors, Composers and Publishers (JASRAC). (e.g. “YouTube”)
(Use under a corporate body name is not permitted).
For all users, we ask that you please do not use on the sites and services below:
- Sites or services that require payment to access them.
- Sites or services that are only for users aged 18 or over.
- Sites or services that are morally inappropriate or contravene societal norms/order.
- Sites or services that are related to religious, political, or antisocial activities.
- Please do not use for commercial purposes.
- However, revenue systems officially provided by video streaming sites (e.g. “YouTube”), that have been licensed by the Japanese Society for Rights of Authors, Composers and Publishers (JASRAC) regarding the use of music can be used. If there is an inquiry from the video sharing site regarding videos and live streams that use the revenue systems, please refer them to these guidelines.
- For posts and live streams, please display the legal lines below:
© SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.
Character Design: © SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. /© NOBUTERU YUUKI All Rights Reserved.
© SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.
All trademarks, registered trademarks or system names are the property of their respective owners.
In certain cases where the legal lines are displayed automatically on images or videos, such as when capturing content using game console functions, the above legal line does not need to be added manually as long as the video content is used as is.
■ Please do not remove or modify the trademark and copyright notices of the Subjects.
■ For platforms such as “Twitter” where display space is limited, the legal lines do not need to be displayed.
■ If multiple images or videos are included in the same page, then legal lines can be displayed all in one place rather than individually for the images or videos.
- If streaming scenes that are major points in the game’s story, please make sure to display a “spoiler alert” notice, to prevent ruining the experience for people who have not played it yet.
- Posting, streaming, publishing etc. (hereafter referred to as “posting etc.”) of videos or playlists with the sole purpose of showing cutscenes, or posting etc. of videos with only music or song data for the purpose of listening to the music or songs, is forbidden.
- Examples of videos etc. that are prohibited for posting etc.
■ Cutscenes only, or mostly taken from cutscenes.
■ Allowing continuous listening of music while not playing the game normally, such as making the player character stand still or continuously repeating a simple action.
■ Publishing multiple images from cutscenes, only showing the cutscenes.
- Please do not combine the Subjects with content outside of the Software.
- Please refrain from secondary use of published videos etc.
e.g., Collecting published videos etc. and distributing them as a separate medium such as a booklet, whether it is paid or free, is considered secondary use.
- Please do not use for advertising other products, services etc.
- Please adhere to the terms of the media that will be used.
- Please do not take part in acts that may lead to slander towards others.
- Please do not use in any manner that is morally inappropriate or contravenes societal norms/order.
- Please do not use for any religious, political or antisocial activities.
- Regardless of the reason, if the Company requests for videos etc. to be taken down, please take them down without delay. Also, videos etc. that the Company considers inappropriate may be deleted.
- Please do not overly process or modify the Subjects.
- Creating content by combining the Subjects or adding your own voiceover showcasing or commentating on the Software to videos etc. is permitted.
- The Company disclaims all warranties regarding the use of the Subjects, including any warranty regarding infringement of third-party rights. Users bear the sole responsibility for their use of the Subjects. Also, the Company will not bear any liability for any damages or disputes with third parties, including other players, caused by use of the Subjects.
- The Company reserves the right to update the contents of these guidelines at any time at the Company’s discretion. If videos etc. that were posted etc. before the guidelines have been updated do not meet the terms of the updated guidelines, the affected videos etc. may be deleted.