Square Enix Co., Ltd. (“Square Enix”) permits you to distribute, post online, and otherwise use certain content from HARVESTELLA including the demo (collectively the “Game”) subject to the following guidelines (the “Guidelines”). These Guidelines apply only outside of Japan; if you are located in Japan or have obtained a Japanese version of HARVESTELLA, please see the Japanese license for terms that apply to you.
Please carefully review and comply with these Guidelines before distributing, posting, or otherwise using any Materials (as defined below), including distributing or posting the Materials on blogs or social networking services. Any distribution, posting, or other use of the Materials by you constitutes your agreement to these Guidelines. You may not reproduce or distribute the Materials without Square Enix’s prior permission or as authorized by these Guidelines.
1. The Materials
The “Materials” consist of all content from the Game, including but not limited to:
- Gameplay footage, still images, characters, and music from the Game.
- Text, information, images, and videos from the Game’s official website that is operated by Square Enix or its subsidiaries: https://harvestella.square-enix-games.com/
The Materials are the property either of a collaboration of authors including Square Enix or of individual rights holders who have given Square Enix the necessary permissions for their work to be used in the Game.
2. Permitted Uses
You may post the Materials online for the following permitted personal uses (the “Permitted Uses”) only:
- Posting gameplay images on personal blogs or microblogging platforms (such as Twitter).
- Using the in-game audio tracks and music data via online services.
- Sharing gameplay videos or streaming on video-sharing sites such as YouTube, provided such sites have a license with the Japanese Society for Rights of Authors, Composers and Publishers (JASRAC) regarding the use of music within the Game. You may also share URLs and thumbnails relating to these videos on personal blogs or microblogging platforms (such as Twitter).
3. Legal Notices
You must clearly display the following information on all gameplay videos and any other content that incorporates the Materials:
© 2022 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.
All trademarks, registered trademarks, or system names are the property of their respective owners.
If images or videos are captured using game console functions, the lines above may be displayed automatically. If these images or videos are to be used as they are, then the legal notice above does not need to be added manually.
4. Usage Guidelines and Restrictions
You may not use the Materials except as expressly described in the Permitted Uses above. You may not use any other materials owned or controlled by Square Enix without Square Enix’s prior written consent.
- Do not use the Materials for commercial or for-profit purposes. However, you may use official monetization functions available through video sharing sites such as YouTube, Twitch, and other similar services provided the applicable video sharing site has a music usage license agreement with the Japan Society for Rights of Authors, Composers, and Publishers (JASRAC). Please note that we cannot address individual requests for clearance or questions, so feel free to share these Guidelines with anyone requesting details about our Guidelines.
- In order not to spoil players’ enjoyment of the Game, you must mark all content that includes details of major plot developments with a clear spoiler warning.
- Do not post any content from the Game containing anything from the Game’s ending. The ending refers to the period from the end of the final battle until the end of the story is indicated by text such as “The End”, “To be Continued” or “Fin” is displayed, or the game automatically returns to the title screen.
- Do not post any content from the Game where the Game notes that screen capture and recording are prohibited.
- Posting audio tracks and/or music data as standalone content, and/or posting video content with the sole intention of providing access to the Game’s music, is not permitted.
- Posting or streaming only (or primarily) movie scenes, cutscenes, and similar Materials as standalone content, and/or posting video content with the sole intention of providing the Game’s movie scenes and cutscenes for viewing, is not permitted.
- Do not reproduce shared content other than as expressly contemplated by these Guidelines. For example, you must not collect and distribute Materials via other media—e.g., in book form—even if you do not stand to gain financially from doing so.
- Do not slander or demean other players or any other person in connection with the Materials.
- Do not share Materials on a site or service which is limited to viewers 18 years and older, goes against public order and standards of decency, and/or is affiliated with religious / political / antisocial activities.
- You must immediately comply with any request from Square Enix to remove Materials from any shared content, website, or service, regardless of whether Square Enix provides a reason for the request or not. Square Enix reserves the right to require removal of any content incorporating the Materials that it deems to be inappropriate in its sole discretion. Square Enix may submit takedown requests to third parties for any Materials at Square Enix’s sole discretion.
- Square Enix makes no guarantees concerning the Materials, including that the Materials will not infringe third party rights. Square Enix will not compensate you or any third party for any damages or injuries that arise as a result of use of the Materials.
- Square Enix may modify these Guidelines at its sole discretion at any time without prior notice.