Just Cause 4 Development Update: May 21, 2019Just Cause 4’s Spring Update Released, Los Demonios Announced.
After listening to the Just Cause community, we wanted to release an update with a number of improvements and additions that you have been asking for.
Since December, we have been patching the game, squashing bugs and tweaking existing assets/content. We are proud to say that the Spring Update patch not only brings further improvements, but for the first time we are also adding free content to the world of Just Cause 4.
Here’s a preview of some of the improvements as part of the Spring Update:
Improvements to World Lighting
World lighting has been significantly improved, global lighting presets have been tuned and materials modified to provide better visibility to players and make the world look more vibrant. See some visual examples of the improvements we have made below:
Lighting is richer and far more dynamic, bouncing off the world realistically. Notice the foliage on the far left is more vibrant and picks up more of the world lighting due to the material updates.
Visibility at night has been significantly improved. Black Hand units are far easier to identify in night time conditions.
Vegetation and the various biomes in Just Cause 4 feel significantly more vibrant in colour, making Solís feel truly alive and varied in landscape.
Destructible Black Hand Statues
Perhaps our most satisfying new content in the spring update is the addition of destructible Black Hand Statues. Will you tear these statues down with your grapple hook? Perhaps use Airlifters to turn them into a floating aircraft? We can’t wait to see all the creative ways players will bring these statues down! The Statues can be found throughout Solís.
Improved Black Hand Combat
Black Hand Combat Vehicle AI has been significantly improved in the Spring Update. The private military are far more aggressive. Jets can engage with you in dogfights, helicopters are more evasive, drones are less crash prone and vehicles will attempt to ram you off the road. Black Hand patrols in Solís have also been increased so get ready for an explosive challenge!
New Mobile Chaos Objects
The roads and skies of Solís now feature mobile chaos objects being transported by truck or Sky Crane, allowing for even more opportunities for destructive chaos. Just how will you use this new portable explosive opportunity?
Destructible Metal Train Bridges
Solís’ metal Train bridges will now explode and break off into large and small fragments, as trains fly off their tracks causing insane carnage.
We have a lot more included in this update, such as increased ammunition for all weapons and various bug fixes. The Spring Update ensures that Just Cause 4 is now the most explosive game in the series to-date.
- All images are captured on a high end PC
New DLC announced
Today we’re also confirming our second DLC for expansion pass owners: Los Demonios.
In Los Demonios, an ancient demonic force has invaded Solís, with only Rico and an all-new demon killing crossbow up to the challenge of stopping them.
Full patch notes
Here’s the full list of patch notes for all platforms:
All Platforms (Unless stated otherwise)
- Improved Lighting in Shadow
- Made tweaks to the world lighting presets
- Improved Night-time Visibility
- New Black Hand Destructible Statue
- New Sky Crane and Black Hand Truck carrying Chaos Objects
- New Destructible Train Bridges
- Increased Ammo Capacity on Most Weapons
- More Aggressive Black Hand Vehicle Combat
- Better Air Combat Against Helicopters and Drones
- Increased Black Hand Patrols in Solís
- Increased Trains in the World
- Streamlined the Supply Drop UI
- Supply Drop pilot panel now displays loadout for each pilot
- Added an "AR" icon when AR Mode is activated
- Changed the Operations unlock description from "Pre-Requisites" to "Requirements"
- Increased LOD Distance on Blue Electrical Spark VFX
- Fixed an issue with the Frontline Mist VFX
- Added a more Explosive Destruction VFX to the Turret
- Fixed LOD on the Dirigibles
- Fixed a bug causing Overlapping Text when Continuing a Save after Starting a New Save
- On the Store Page, the Reload Function will now work after a Connected Standby
General Bug Fixes
Added a Button Conflict Prompt when Remapping is Not Allowed (PC Only)
- On the Store Page, the Reload Function will now work after a Connected Standby (Xbox One Only)