OCTOPATH TRAVELER is 30% off on SteamCritically-acclaimed RPG available at a reduced price
PC version of OCTOPATH TRAVELER now available at a reduced price - but act fast because the offer ends soon!
Hi everyone - we just wanted you to know that the PC OCTOPATH TRAVELER is currently 30% off on Steam!
The deal’s only available until July 24, 2019 at 18:00 BST - so you should move fast if you’ve yet to experience this one-of-a-kind RPG.
Eight cool things about OCTOPATH TRAVELER
If you haven’t played the game, you may be wondering what all the fuss is about. Well here are some reasons why it’s worth picking up OCTOPATH TRAVELER.
Specifically eight reasons. Why eight? It’s thematically appropriate!
1. Look at it. I mean, just look at it!
OCTOPATH TRAVELER features a distinctive ‘HD-2D’ visual style, which combines 3D environments with 2D art and characters. It’s a visual feast - you’ve probably noticed how beautiful the screenshots are, right? Every frame looks that good!
2. You can play as eight charming characters
Every good RPG needs memorable characters in the party… and OCTOPATH TRAVELER has eight. From the affable apothecary Alfyn, to the scatterbrained scholar Cyrus, every character is a compelling, rounded individual.
If you’d like to know more about this likeable gang of misfits, you should check out our in-depth character guide.
3. …and experience eight epic stories
Every character in OCTOPATH TRAVELER has their own, multi-chapter quest to complete. It’s like having eight RPGs in one!
4. And do it in any order you want!
One of the coolest features of the game is that it lets you play it how you want to. You can pick any character to start with, and play through the rest of the game in any order you like.
Want to do each character’s initial chapters one after the other? You can do it? Prefer to power through one hero’s entire arc before starting any others? That’s an option too.
5. It has one of the best soundtracks of the year
You could read this sentence in pretty much any year, and it would still hold true. Yasunori Nishiki’s compositions and arrangements are beautiful, evocative and exciting in equal measure. True story - I’m listening to it as I type these words!
6. It has a deep and strategic battle system
OCTOPATH TRAVELER’s battle system is easy to understand, but imbued with enormous strategic depth.
It’s based around the concept of ‘breaking’ your opponent. Every enemy has a shield, and which can be whittled away be exploiting physical and elemental weaknesses. Break their shield, and they’re stunned, giving your party the opportunity to really give them a jolly good beating.
Of course, things are a little more challenging in practice. You’ll have to work out what those weaknesses are before you can break an enemy, and use your characters and their unique abilities to give yourself an edge.
In short, every fight is a thrilling tactical challenge - not to mention satisfyingly flashy.
7. It’s a critical hit!
The PC version of OCTOPATH TRAVELER has earned acclaim - just look at what the critics are saying about the game:
- "Fascinating and beautiful” 8/10 – GameSpot
- “A must-buy for every JRPG fan” 9,5/10 – 9lives
- "Irresistible" 9/10 – PC Games
- “Heady for the eyes and ears” 8/10 – Gameblog
- “Wonderful panoramas painted in pixels” 8,8/10 – Everyeye.it
- “A gift for the senses” 8/10 – Vandal.net
- "Love letter to classic JRPGs" 8/10 – 4Players
- “Pure nostalgia” 9/10 – 3Djuegos.com
- “Beautiful” 9/10 – Gamesvillage.it
- “A game with brilliant moments” – PC Gamer
- “The PC version’s gorgeous 60fps is absolutely to die for” – Rock Paper Shotgun
- “A remarkable title” – UveJuegos
- "A nostalgia trip and visual powerhouse” - Attack of the Fanboy
8. It’s currently on sale
Worth repeating: OCTOPATH TRAVELER is 30% off on Steam until July 24, 2019 at 10:00 PDT / 18:00 BST. The promotion’s a perfect opportunity for any RPG fans curious about the game to give it a go.